Hello! My name is Jake Pawol. My wife, Lauren, and I are the founders and owners of Fortitude & Freedom, PLC. We started this physical therapy and human performance practice because we felt like the traditional healthcare system was missing a few key components: quality time with your provider, clear communication from your provider, and treatment techniques that create lasting changes in the body and long-term resolution of problems.
About Dr. Jake
Jake Pawol, PT, DPT, OCS, is a Doctor of Physical Therapy and the founder of Fortitude & Freedom, PLC. Dr. Jake received his Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science from Minnesota State University, Mankato, and his Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from Des Moines University. Dr. Jake is a board-certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist and enjoys treating athletes and active adults. He has a special interest in treating wilderness and tactical athletes. His clinical areas of expertise are the spine, shoulder and knee.
Dr. Jake lives in Urbandale with his wife, Lauren, and three children, Logan (7), Dakota (4) and Parker (2). Outside of work he is active in his church, enjoys traveling with his family, and spending time outdoors hunting and fishing.
Mission: To change the way people manage pain and improve performance by educating them about their bodies, how to take care of them and how to use them to their fullest potential.
Vision: To be the provider of choice for natural improvement of musculoskeletal health and human performance.
1. Integrity: We will demonstrate honesty and high moral character at all times.
2. Service: We will live and work with a servant heart. This means placing others’ needs before our own and always doing what is best for others.
3. Compassion: We meet people where they are and truly care about their well-being. We are willing to suffer with them and walk alongside them through their struggle.
4. Respect: We believe all people are created in the image of God and therefore have inherent value and worth and should be treated as such.
5. Excellence: We strive to deliver services of the highest quality in order to bring about the best outcome for those receiving our services.
6. Continuous Improvement: We are always working to increase our knowledge and improve our skillset for the benefit of others.